Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more...

My Fuel Pump?

Old 11-10-2016, 08:08 AM
Default My Fuel Pump?

The fuel pump in your car is usually the most important element in your car or another type of combustion engine drive. Many of the engine - as some older engines of motorcycles are - are the type of engines that do not require a fuel pump. All. In most cases, engines using mechanical pumps at low pressure, which are usually mounted outside the actual carbureted fuel tank. Engines many times by using the electric fuel pump of fuel injection - is mounted inside the tank.
Before everyone started going crazy electronic fuel injection, most engines in carburetor mechanical fuel pump used cars for transferring fuel from the actual fuel tank in the spirit of fuel carburetor installed. Mostly all mechanical fuel pumps are known as so-called diaphragm pumps. These pumps are a type of displacement pump.
Specific projects can often vary, but in general configuration, these pumps are normally bolted to the engine block or head. In addition, camshaft engine has the extra eccentric lobe that is supposed to trigger the lever pump, either directly or through pusher.
The carburetor is normal should include float bowl left where fuel is pumped. When the fuel in the reactor float exceeds a certain level, or when it overflows, the inlet valve which is close to the carburetor; This will prevent fuel pump to pump more fuel into the carburetor - as it should. At this point, if there is fuel in the pump chamber, this fuel becomes trapped. The diaphragm then proceeded to let it run until pressure diaphragm.
To get fuel through the lines, fuel pump should create negative pressure. However, the low pressure between the pump and the fuel tank could ultimately lead to the evaporation of the fuel supply line. This can end up with something called "fuel starvation" that the fuel pump drive motor to slow down - and I think this is the worst possible thing that can happen to you if you're right in the way.
On one side of the diaphragm pump of the fuel pressure and the other side of the diaphragm is connected to the motor housing, if the diaphragm eventually individual - this is a common failure - this may possibly escape the fuel in the crankcase.
So to sum it all up, make sure you take care of your fuel injection pump, as this is the most important part of your car. Read on for all the things that can happen if you do not take care of it ... so just you and your wallet a favor take care of... Unless you're the engine that needs no fuel pump ; Makes sure you take care of other important parts of your car.